Get in the Game with Google Ads
Is your Search engine optimization strategy working for your business? You can supplement your SEO strategy with Google ads.
Digital marketing is no longer a niche platform. Thousands of businesses, companies, and organizations have taken to using Google to advertise their brands. You can use the largest search engine to bring more customers to your business.
The first result on Google gets about 31.7% of all clicks, with over 95% of all clicks going to page one results. If you want your website to get noticed, Google ads can put you on the first page of search results.
In this article, we look at some of the benefits you can enjoy by creating a Google AdWords advertisement.
What is Google Ads?
Google ads is an online advertising platform that runs on pay per click (PPC) advertising. It allows you to make online ads and run them on google.
Also known as Google ads, this platform allows advertisers to bid for keywords and have their ads shown on google search results.
Why is Google Ads important?
Google has massive reach. The search engine processes over 3.5 billion searches a day. If a small fraction of users are directed to your website via your ad, you will have a significant amount of traffic.
Google ads give you control over your advertising campaign is open to businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Benefits of using Google Ads
Below we go through several benefits that Google has to offer. Let us begin.
1. Google Ads have a High Return on investment (ROI)
Google has several building strategies to help you maximize your investment. The bidding strategies are based on your advertising goals. They include:
- Cost per click (CPC) bidding. This option drives traffic to your website or online store.
- Cost per mile (CPM) bidding. This option is available for Google’s display network. It allows you to choose an amount of money you are willing to pay for 1,000 people to see your advertisement in full view.
- Cost per action (CPA) bidding. This option is great for advertisers focused on conversions like purchases or sign-ups.
You can boost your ROI by using the right keywords, creating good copy, and optimizing your landing page.
2. You have better targeting options
Google ads allow you to narrow down on a specific target audience through keywords, location, age, gender, and device type.
Google users are often looking for specific things. This is known as intent. With the right keywords, you can match a user’s intent and have your business, company, or organization’s ad displayed as a solution.
Furthermore, you can specify which keywords or versions of the keywords you want to trigger your ad. By doing so, your ad is made available to people who are more likely to make purchases.
3. You can retarget previous customers
Unlike Search engine optimization, you can use Google Ads to retarget customers. Sometimes website visitors browse without taking any action. With a little more prompting, these visitors can become customers. How? By:
- Remarketing on the search network. You can start by creating a remarketing list that targets individuals who visited a page but did not convert. Next, include a keyword. Google will then match a users’ queries with the keyword and remarketing list. This way, you remind the user that you can still serve their needs.
- Remarketing on the display network. It is similar to search network remarketing. However, your banner ads are shown on advertisement-supporting websites.
4. Google Ads are faster than SEO
Search engine optimization is a long-term process that allows you to drive organic results to your page. Unfortunately, even with well-optimized content and backlinks, this can take a bit of time.
Google Ads can fast track this process by:
- Allowing you to use multiple keywords on your copy.
- Giving you instant visibility by showing your ad at the top of SERPs.
This presents a stark difference to SEO strategies. Gaining authority on SERPs can take a long time. Even then, you are not guaranteed to stay on top given the numerous algorithm changes Google makes.
5. You can measure your Ad’s performance
It’s difficult to measure the effectiveness of traditional means of advertising such as newspapers, radio, and tv. But with Google Ads you can tell:
- Who clicked on your ad.
- How many leads were generated.
- How much traffic was generated by Ads to your website.
- Which keyword generated the most traffic and leads.
- How much it cost you per lead.
Once you distinguish what works from what does not, you can adjust your campaign for optimal performance.
6. You can use extensions
Google supports several free extensions that add information and boost the functionality of your ad. They include call buttons, location information, links to your website, and much more. The extensions work on both desktops and mobile phones, so do not worry about your target audience being locked out. Extensions prompt people to take action such as visit your page, sign up for your newsletter, and call your business. When used accordingly, they can increase your click-through rate (CTR).
7. You can create brand awareness
The main reason businesses advertise is to become visible. You can fast track your Search engine optimization strategy by using Google Ads. Brand awareness drives sales, increases revenue, and boosts market share. Even if your ad is not clicked on, users will still see it and know of your brand’s existence. You can reinforce the retention of your brand’s identity by using your brand name, using images, and creating good copy.
Google Ads are a great way to supplement your Search engine optimization efforts. As you get started, make sure to use the right strategies to ensure that you reap maximum benefits. Hopefully, this information gets you started on your Google Ads journey. For more on how to create an effective Google Ads campaign, keep reading.